WHAT IS AN ENERGY AUDIT?
An energy audit evaluates how much energy your home consumes and recommends improvements you can make to lower your energy bills.
Our certified auditor will determine the energy efficiency of your home using equipment such as:
- Blower Door – to measure the extent of leaks in the building envelope
- Duct Blasters – to measure leakage through the duct system
- Infrared Cameras – to reveal hard-to-detect areas of air infiltration and missing insulation
- Combustion systems analysis—to ensure they are working properly.
We also perform a detailed visual inspection to evaluate the efficiency of all major energy-using devices to identify potential savings.
Our audit report will:
- Detail all of our findings including any potential health or safety problems
- Recommend appropriate energy conservation, operation, and maintenance procedures
- Provide a list of qualified contractors to install the recommended measures.
- Identify potential grants, credits, or other rebates that could help offset the costs of implementing the recommended energy savings measures.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF AN ENERGY AUDIT?
An energy audit will help you decide how to invest in your home improvements to gain the maximum energy savings for your dollar. The cost of the audit will be partially offset by the many home improvement and energy efficiency tax credits available today. You can then enjoy improved comfort and reduced utility bills year after year. Contact us for a price quote.
WHAT CERTIFICATIONS DO WE HAVE?
All Superior Energy Solutions audit technicians are highly trained professionals who have passed the strict certification requirements of:
- Energy Star
- Residential Energy Service Network (RESNET)
- Home Energy Rating System (HERS)
- Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI)
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN ENERGY AUDIT?
Contact us and we will arrange to have one of our certified energy auditors schedule a time with you to visit your home and conduct a thorough inspection of the premises and mechanical systems. You can request more information by filling out our Contact Form.